Having dry and sensitive skin does not at all mean you should not be taking care of it regularly. You follow the normal routine with some amendments to get that fresh glowing face. The skin care routine does also include scrubbing and exfoliating. It is said to avoid exfoliating the dry skin or limit it to 1 to 2 times a week. It does not at all say do not scrub or exfoliate. Unlike oily skin, it can be exfoliated on daily basis with a good scrub as it makes the skin appear smooth and soft. The goal is to have smoother glowing skin.
So I have found my perfect daily scrub (though I use it ONLY twice a week) which I have been using for more than 6 months now. Neutrogena® visibly clear spots stress control daily scrub is my only exfoliating scrub for the face, as it is mild, creamy with some granulate exfoliant. While applying, it gives tingles and cooling sensation to the skin. The cream is very shiny and has a hint of teal colour with darker exfoliant granules.
Ingredients: main ingredients are Green tea and Cucumber extracts
- Its formula with microbeads exfoliates dead skin cells while removing oil and dirt.
- With unique Microclear technology, the formula unclogs pores to penetrate deep down and help clear spots.
- Enriched with green tea and cucumber, it soothes skin and is gentle enough for everyday use without over-drying.
- Skin is clear and healthy-looking… so you have one less stress to deal with. (that’s the best liner)
How to Use:
• In the morning and evening, squeeze a small dab into palm, and massage onto wet face.
• Rinse thoroughly.
• Avoid contact with eyes. Should eye contact occur, rinse well with water.
- Comes in a fat tube with the inverted flip cap, convenient to use.
- The paste easily squeeze out of the tube as the texture is smooth and creamy.
- The tube is half very Orangey with a dash of teal and half transparent so the product is clearly visible.
- 150ml and to be used in 12months.
Price: Retails at AED. 39/-
How I love using it:
It is always recommended to use any product on a clean and clear skin. So I first make sure my face is clean from any residue of the makeup particles going into my regular routine. I then start off by keeping hot washcloth (dipped in hot water and squeezed) on my face for 1 to 2 minutes (this helps open the pores). Now the skin is ready for the exfoliation. I take a dab of the product on the tip of my fingers and gently message it in circular motions on my face. This way it lifts out the dirt, impurities and oil from the skin. At times I also use the scrub with my Vanity planet devise and exfoliating brush. I prefer using the scrub before going to bed to get a fresh face next morning.
The creamy consistency gives hydration to the skin and gives a cooling sensation due to the presence of menthol. This feeling makes me feel super fresh and rejuvenated. Slightly dries off my skin but without leaving it flaky or itchy. Rather it removes off any dry patches after I have used the scrub. The granules proved to be great for exfoliation and clearing the pores and getting rid of black and white heads aswell. The skin feels cleaner and clearer. I have seen a visible change in the skin after using the scrub around my lips area, as it used to be darker from the rest of my face. As the product promise “helps clear spots before they appear”. It has also helped reduce the redness on my skin due to skin rashes and dryness. I had no breakout ever since I have used it. As I have mentioned above the scrub is mild hence good for daily use. I am planning to experiment it on daily basis as will be running out of regular facial cleanser soon.
My Final Verdict:
- A must have mild scrub for daily use.
- Helps get rid of impurities and dirt leaving the skin fresh and cool.
- Very handy and travel friendly
- It helps in reducing the redness on the face.
- Easily available on the isles of leading supermarket and department store (Carrefour, Lulu, Spineys)
Will I repurchase or recommend it?
Yes, I will definitely be repurchasing it as the result and effect on my skin was amazing.
That’s all for now…. Thank you for reading!